ATTENTION LANDSIDE AND AIR CARGO EMPLOYEES! Changes are in place to your daily use of the shuttle bus system.
Why is this happening? DIA is reconstructing the south Level 4, 5 and 6 elevated roadways as part of the South Terminal Redevelopment Program.
ATTENTION AIRSIDE EMPLOYEES! Changes are in place to your daily use of the shuttle bus system.
Construction activities in the airside parking lot and along New Castle Avenue will include:
- Additional traffic due to detours and construction
- Lane reductions
- Construction at the airside parking lot
- Other scheduled maintenance activities
Why is this Happening?
Several construction projects will take place in this area including:
- Construction of the Regional Transportation District East Rail Line
- Construction related to the South Terminal Redevelopment Program
- Airside parking lot asphalt repaving
What Will Happen to the Airside Parking Lot and My Commute?
- Airside parking lots will remain open
- Airside shuttles will remain sterile
- Airside shuttles will access Gate 1 using the current New Castle route
- A few parking spaces will be closed off
Will Impacts to My Commute Be Minimized?
- The South Terminal Redevelopment Program will detour inbound and outbound construction traffic away from New Castle Avenue onto Peña Boulevard
- If necessary, Denver Police will provide traffic control assistance to manage commercial vehicle and airside shuttle traffic south of Gate 1
- The Program will add shuttles as necessary to maintain service for employees
Please plan your commute to work accordingly!